When is Mass
Initially, Mass is at 4 pm on Saturday and 9:30 am on Sunday. Masses will be added in the future. Please continue to check our website for updates. You can also sign up on Flocknote for updates. Daily Masses will begin June 29th at 7:30 am. All Masses, daily and Sunday will follow the same protocols, reservations etc.
Do I have to come to Mass?
Per Bishop Richard Pates, the dispensation from obligation to attend Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation Mass is extended until further notice.
We will continue to live stream and record masses on a daily basis, including Sunday. Those Masses can be viewed on the Our Lady of Peace Church Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/olopparish}
Should I come to Mass?
Per Bishop Richard Pates, due to the virus’s clearly disproportionate effect on those over the age of 60, and especially those with particular pre-existing health concerns, I encourage those of these categories to forego Mass unless you feel secure about your participation. Please do not take chances.
Can I just show up for Mass?
The state of Illinois and our Diocese has capped attendance to 100. We will try to come as close to that as possible, but we still need to comply with social distancing parameters.
Because of the limited seating, RESERVATIONS ARE MANDATORY.
- To mitigate health and safety concerns, seating will be limited.
- Reservations can be made Monday through Thursday before the weekend.
- Reservations can be made clicking on the box “To Make a Reservation”
Safety Precautions to be Observed
- BEFORE MASS
- If you believe you have any coronavirus symptoms, especially a fever, or if you feel ill or sick, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- Use the restroom before leaving the house. The facilities Must be cleaned and sanitized after each use. We are striving to minimize their use.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before Mass for check-in and seating. Due to safety protocol, late arrivals, unfortunately, will NOT be admitted to the church. Doors will be closed 5 minutes before mass begins.
- Please practice social distancing upon arriving and departing the church
- You must wear a mask upon entering the church, throughout the entire Mass (with the exception of receiving the Eucharist), and in departing from the church.
- The ONLY entrance and exit point for the church will be the front doors. They will be propped open to allow easy access and departure, and to limit the use of door handles.
- Print and bring your reservation to church and give it to an usher, or show the usher the reservation on your phone.
- The usher will lead you to your designated pew; you will be seated in the color section indicated on your reservation.
- You must use hand sanitizer upon entry to the church, as well as before receiving Eucharist. There will be hand sanitizer stations provided in the church.
- DURING MASS
- No hymnals, missalettes or holy water will be available in the church.
- You must remain in the church for the entire duration of the Mass, due to social distancing requirements.
- Per Diocesan guidelines, before receiving the Eucharist, you must sanitize your hands again. Someone will bring sanitizer to you.
- The priest or deacon will bring Eucharist to you. Please stay in your pew.
- You MUST receive Eucharist in your hands.
- AFTER MASS
- Boxes/containers will be available at the church entrance for your offertory donations. Donations can also be mailed to the rectory, or dropped off at the rectory drop box (located on the west side of the rectory next to the front door). Additionally, we respectfully ask that you consider using our online giving tool (located on the parish website) for your offertory gifts as well as any other donations.
- Parishioners will be dismissed by sections, moving from the back of the church to the front. You must follow the ushers’ directions at all times.
- Pews and touch points will be disinfected after every Mass.
- To Make a Reservation
- This the website for making a reservation Bookeo.com/massreservation
- If you do not have access to our website, please ask a friend or relative to make a reservation for you. ONLY if you do not have access, please call 708-625-6609 to make a reservation. Calls will be taken Monday and Wednesday, 9-5 and Tuesday and Thursday 1-9