- Faith-based education for preschool through eighth grade. Our curriculum is specific to the Diocese of Joliet and exceeds State of Illinois standards.
- Technology, physical education, art and music are part of each student’s weekly schedule. Spanish is taught in grades one through eight.
- Junior high curriculum provides a strong foundation for high school studies. Many of our graduates “test out” of Algebra I and Spanish I in high school.
- Full-time resource teacher available for children with special needs.
- Three-year-old and four-year-old preschool curriculum. Full-day and half-day preschool and kindergarten programs.
- Low student-teacher ratio. Average class size is 20 students. Our Lady of Peace educates more than 327 students from approximately 200 families.
- Children of all faiths welcome.
- Bus service is available for families who live in School District #61, including bus service for half-day kindergarten.
- Before- and after-school care from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. to accommodate family schedules.
- Modern learning environment featuring state-of-the-art technology center, full-size gymnasium and stage, science lab, art room, music classroom and library.
- Two classrooms for each grade (kindergarten-Grade 8).
- Beautiful, spacious preschool classroom with dedicated restrooms.
- Fully equipped library with computers and SMART Board technology.
- SMART/ENO Board technology in the classrooms.
- State-of-the-art technology center and a additional technology resources.
- Classrooms equipped with individual computers.
- Wireless internet access.
- Classroom lesson plans integrate technology to expand learning resources.
- Online grade monitoring system for students in Grades K through 8.
- Our Lady of Peace’s faculty boasts more than 450 years of cumulative teaching experience.
- 25% of our faculty members either have a master’s degree or are working towards one.
- A full-time resource teacher is on staff for students with special needs.
- Speech therapy services are provided through School District #61.
- Social Worker provided through Catholic Charities
- Parish priests regularly interact with Our Lady of Peace students.
Service & Community Involvement
Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of community service projects including:
- Toys for Tots
- Clothing Drives
- Food Pantry
Student Activities & Resources
- Altar Servers
- Art Club
- Buddy Program
- Christmas & Spring Musical Programs
- Eucharistic Ministers (8th Grade)
- Fishing Club
- Geography Bee
- Homework Club
- Lego Club
- Girl & Boy Scouts
- Peer Tutoring
- Science Fair
- Student Council
Sports are offered to students in grades 5 through 8. All players are welcome. OLP’s sports programs include:
- Girls & Boys Volleyball
- Girls & Boys Basketball
- Girls & Boys Track
- Girls & Boys Cross Country
- Asbestos Management Plan 2014/15