There’s no question that technology plays a significant part in our day-to-day lives. Our children are being exposed in countless ways to information, entertainment, services and beyond. Our Lady of Peace recognizes that the today’s classrooms need to embrace technology and we are committed to providing our children with the resources and curriculum that best prepare them for high school, college and beyond.
OLP’s tech program exceeds Illinois and diocesan standards. We offer:
- Preschool thru 3rd grade: Students utilize Apple iPads to enhance lessons in literacy, math and social studies.
- 4th grade thru 8th grade: Every student is assigned their own Google Chromebook that is utilized both in class and at home.
- Computer lab: Our lab is equipped with 30 Microsoft Windows desktop computers that are used by the kindergarten through eighth grade students throughout the school day to enhance their learning.
- Classroom instruction is enhanced with Smart Boards, Eno Boards, Elmo projectors, and 2-4 desktop computers in each classroom.
- OLP uses the SchoolSpeak parent communication program which is password protected and offers all relevant information including calendars, supply lists and important reminders, as well as two-way communications between parents and teachers. SchoolSpeak is available online and via app.
- Professional development is provided to staff on use of technology hardware and software to support changes in teaching best practices and the integration of technology in the learning process.
The Our Lady of Peace School Board meets regularly to review the technology plan in order for our students have the best educational experience possible.